Blender Mapping Question

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4106 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So ------

Is there a method where you can highlight (select) vertices in the UVmapping pane and have them show the corresponding areas in the 3D window on your mesh?   That would be SO nice but I haven't run across any info on that. Going the other way of course happens naturally; I just want the reverse to be doable too. Then it would be easy to figure out where those errant vertices belong :D

Thanks in advance. 

You can enable the synchronised editing of UV map and 3D View as follows:

1. go to edit mode
  2. open the UV editor
  3. locate the "synch UV/Mesh button" you might need to scroll the icon bar a bit to the right side.

Now you can select in the UV editor, or in the 3D view and the corresponding vertices/edges/faces get selected in the other view. Here is a screenshot:

Image8.png

• Like 1

Thank you!  Glad I asked. I'd been wondering for awhile. Five months in and I still don't know what most of those buttons and check boxes are for :D. Life will definitely be EASIER from now on -- well one little bit of it anyway.

To  select UV islands when in this sync mode, set your selection mode to Face in the Edit window and and you can then use the shortcut L to select  islands  from the mesh itself.    If you've broken away parts that have become new islands  in UV space that aren't marked on the model, then L on the mesh won't select them, but you can quickly correct this by selecting "Seams from Islands" in the UV menu in the UV edit window and seams will be added to the mesh for those "unmarked" islands.

It's not all that intuitive, but when you get the hang of it, it's very handy to use this method and not to have to leave sync mode to quickly select islands.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4106 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.