Why does Web Browser Bar pop up?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4071 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't know much about media on a prim. I have a couple of prims I made a while back so you could browse a website -- I think I just set something in the texture tab.

But the floor of this house doesn't have anything like that, at least my model does not. I guess she could have inadvertantly set that?

Pam, that media control bar can be annoying and, as Dora says, you can activate it with mouseover without really knowing which prim you dragged your cursor across.  Then it persists for a few seconds too.  Truly annoying.  You can limit it with good scripting, though.  The llSetPrimMediaParams function allows you to specify PRIM_MEDIA_PERMS_CONTROL as PRIM_MEDIA_PERM_NONE, which means that nobody can see the control bar. Short of that, you can set it so that only the owner or group members can see it.  I think the default, which gets set if you create your MOAP display with the Edit/Build too, is PRIM_MEDIA_PERM_ANYONE.  I suspect that's the way your customer's are set.

Ah, so it really was the floor that got MOAP-activated, then.  She should be able to de-activate it by selecting the floor prim (if it's linked, she'll need to "Edit Linked Prims"), and then going to the Textures tab.  Down at the bottom is where the MOAP parameters are set.  She ought to be able to click the tiny trash can icon to remove the media feature from that prim.  That ought to work.

Pamela Galli wrote:

I don't know much about media on a prim. I have a couple of prims I made a while back so you could browse a website -- I think I just set something in the texture tab.

But the floor of this house doesn't have anything like that, at least my model does not. I guess she could have inadvertantly set that?

Yes, if that floor is mod, it would be pretty easy to do.  The real fix for an object that shouldn't have media in the first place is to select the floor in the editor, go back to the texture tab, and click the trash can icon at the bottom.  This leaves the regular texture intact.

Oh... another possibility, short of removing MOAP, if that proves problematic ...... If she clicks on the + icon, that will open the Media Parameters control window.  Then, if she clicks the Customize tab, she'll see a tick box to Show Control Bar, which she should obviously UNcheck.

Rolig Loon wrote:

Ah, so it really was the floor that got MOAP-activated, then.  She should be able to de-activate it by selecting the floor prim (if it's linked, she'll need to "Edit Linked Prims"), and then going to the Textures tab.  Down at the bottom is where the MOAP parameters are set.  She ought to be able to click the tiny trash can icon to remove the media feature from that prim.  That ought to work.

Thanks Rolig. The floor in my model does not do this and I have not had any other reports, so I am assuming somehow hers got set this way. I will have her try this.

Cerise Sorbet wrote:

Pamela Galli wrote:

Yes, if that floor is mod, it would be pretty easy to do.  The real fix for an object that shouldn't have media in the first place is to select the floor in the editor, go back to the texture tab, and click the trash can icon at the bottom.  This leaves the regular texture intact.

Thanks Cerise!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4071 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.