I completely freeze at snapshots

Beyond Sinister

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3762 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Even google has failed me on this one.
Happened yesterday, out of the blue, suddenly any time I tried to take a snapshot (In any method, graphics turned down, bandwidth fidgited with), my viewer window freezes before it can even pull up a preview. I have even tried different viewers.
I can't even find anywhere where anyone has had the exact same problem; this happens EVERY attempt, mind you.

Any help is much appreciated...

I had this issue at one point.  This was a couple of years ago.  I don't know what could be causing it but the only way I was able to fix it was a complete uninstall, deletion of all the program folders, and then a complete reinstall.  I know what you mean about trying different viewers, though.  I tried with Firestore, SL Viewer, and some other one that was surfacing back then.

Hope this was a little help.  Also, are you trying to save to your computer or ingame?  If you're saving ingame, try setting your photo size to the smallest possible and see if that works.

• 9 months later...

I am currently having this issue with the SL Viewer. I am a Linux user so I have expected a certain level of bugs and glitches as support from the Lindens with Linux has always been kind of slow/limted. My problem is not in the snapshot itself. I can open the dialogue and refresh my snapshot necessary. Its when I choose to save it that there is a problem.

1) Save and Save As... - The viewer freezes with the save button still in its hoverstate. I cannot control anything in the viewer or even move my avatar anywhere. I cannot properly quit, using the system monitor to do a hard shut down of second life instead.

2) Send to Profile Feed (this was one suggested method, allowing me to download from my profile as a kludge for #1) - I get a generic error that tells me that my image could not be uploaded to the feed

I did take a look at the alternate viewers listed here but all of these viewers result in the same problem.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3762 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.