Land rights on Homestead land.

Laneybug Macbain

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4056 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Brief description of the issue.  I am an estate manager and we have an issue that we have not experienced before.  Most people are quite content with one person "owning" one of our parcels and anyone else associated being granted land rights through a land group.  Most of our residents do not "deed" their land to the land group, they just set the land to group. This usually allows the group members the ability to do most that people find important...music, building, returning objects, banning, etc.  However, for the first time, we have a couple in which the man bought the land and the woman is not happy with these "few" permissions.  She wants equal billing and I am not sure just what has to be done to give it to her short of deeding the land to their land group and I am not sure if this will completely fix her issue.  Will deeding the land to a land group give the woman as many land rights as the person who originally rented the parcel?

2 answers to this question

While you could have them purchase the land for their land group, or allow them to deed it to their group, in my opinion you are bending too far over backwards.  Just explain your policy to the couple -- you only allow individuals to own land on your estate, and they can grant whatever land rights are allowed by the Set to Group function, and the roles and abilities they choose for their own group members.

If they don't like it, well, they can look elsewhere.  But again, that's just my take on it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4056 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.