Payment to Paypal broken?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4056 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've used Sl to send money to PayPal more than a few times and have never had an issue, with the transfer occuring within a couple of days.  This last week I sold a fairly decent amount of lindens, then tried to send the money to my account... Linden Labs claims it got sent, but my PayPal shows no activity from them.

It DOES show a payment from -another- client though that processed just fine.  But Linden labs's money is just... gone. After a week. My housemate has had the same issue with -her- paypal.

Is PayPal having issues, or is LL just mishandling something?

First check that the money was sent to the right PayPal account, your SL account states the transaction is "complete" and not "in process," and it is still not in-process with PayPal itself. Its been my experience that the larger the USD transfer from Linden Lab, the longer you have to wait, sometimes up to two weeks.

I don't think anyone knows for sure why transferring USD out is taking longer and longer but my guess is that it is tied to LL's income stream. Since they do not keep a pot of cash equal to the market value of all linden they have to rely on current revenue. That has been declining (at least in tier and linden purchases) for over a year... in fact, all the way back to when they announced USD transfers to PayPal would not be done the same day. Don't forget the LL mantra; "Investors first, customers last."

Hi I am not sure exactly what you mean, probably because I only use PayPal to add Lindens to my account, sorry :(. I have had however, the issue where I have bought lindens with my Paypal and it shows the transaction was successful but the Lindens don't show in my account they went to my USD balnace and I had to repurchase the Lindens again using the USD. I know it takes sometimes more than a half hour for a transaction to show in PayPal especially when I collect as a seller on other venues. Sorry if i misunderstood what you meant but I know that there are issues with PayPal transactions with buying Lindens. Hope this helps a little.

eta: I meant my SL transaction is showed successful. Also even when a transaction in Paypal is completed sometimes it switches from this all in the same day:

Mar 8, 2013   Authorization Completed

Mar 8, 2013   Temporary Hold Placed

Mar 8, 2013   Temporary Hold Removed

Nuhai Ling wrote:

........ Don't forget the LL mantra; "Investors first, customers last."

Isn't that the mantra of most corportations? :matte-motes-big-grin-squint:

Or the British version..."Investors first, customers second, suppliers and sub-contractors third and employees last"

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4056 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.