I'm gonna be 18 in a week, all my friends are on moderated content sims, can I have access to it?

SpottedImage

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4032 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I think it's really annoying to not have access on sims where all my friend have access. They put the sim has moderate. I know they ban all the "perverts". But why do we have to be 18 to have acces to moderate content.

Because most of the SL schools, and sandbox, shops are moderate content.

Thanks

4 answers to this question

Because nudity is still allowed on Moderate land, among other things. LL is trying to protect themselves against lawsuits from angry parents whose kids wander places with that sort of things, then whine and complain about the TRAUMA of it all. Or just parents who walk into the room when their kid's avatar is standing next to a naked dude, and freak out.

A week isn't really all that long to wait. You'll get access next week, but right now, no, you cannot have access to Moderate sims. Just be patient; you're almost there!

• Like 4

Think of M rated sims as like an R rating for movies.  You have to be 18 to enter.  That's fair because it is what you agreed to when you joined SL. 

As Ariel said, the rule is to protect LL.  However, not all adults want to go to Adult sims just like not all adults go to X rated movies, but they still want to enjoy mature content.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4032 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.