Need Help with Mac Specs?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4067 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Morgaine Christensen wrote:

I needs some help from those of you who are system savvy with SL Specs. Will SL run on the specs below?

• 3.4GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz
  • 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x4GB
  • 1TB Fusion Drive
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB GDDR5

My iMac runs that CPU/GPU combination and runs SL well. I'm getting 25fps on Ultra across the full 27 inches of my display. Turning on shadows and DOF drops that to about 16fps. Under High and with a 1920x1080 window, I can get 40+ fps, and sometimes peg the meter.

It is quite a bit of money. Macs have never been very well supported by LL/SL, but I'm pretty happy with the way my iMac is running Firestorm. It's a beautiful machine and the Fusion Drive is just zoomy.

I think Apple has a 14 day, no questions asked, return policy (that might just be for mobile stuff, I'm not sure). If it doesn't please you, return it.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB GDDR5

I didn't seen the graphics card on the list

Morgaine, you just posted the graphics card. And the GTX 680 is a very good one, even in the mobil version as used in your machine. Still the all-time greatest question of all remains: why o why a Mac? Do people just have too much money to burn these days, or do they hate computers so much?

Sorry, meant to say didn't see the graphics card on the LL specs list. 

Ummm...there are just some things in life you look at ...then turn your head and look at it another way...and still it makes no sense?  Specs of any kind...computer or otherwise...just make me go spacy!  LOL

Thanks for the infor everyone!

Yep, Macs are pricey, but are worth it generally. Originally, was a Mac Classic user years ago *grins*...then the PC revolution came to the work place and had to take a side trip down that road.  Came back to my senses a few years ago when I started learning photoshop...love everything about MAC other than the price.  Oh, and specs of course...LOL.

Thank you for your input.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4067 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.