Orange ring around cursor

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4107 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So (DUH) I know this is a simple thing but Google is no help here or the Blender wiki.

I hit a key combo somehow when straightening my mapping and ended up with an orange circle around the cursor. This happened once before and I got out of it , but this time no way.

I backed up to my last save and went on from there, but for the record how do I get rid of that puppy. I've seen it on a few tutorials. I was NOT in sculpt mode which was the only info I could find. The problem aside from the visual was that I couldn't click on any vertices in the UVMAP window.

Thanks. I will make a sticky note for when this happens again.

Thanks everyone. That was undoubtedly it. The info I found through Google only mentioned "Sculpt Mode" and oddly showed the drop down menu where you can choose that. NO 'UV' in the mix. I unendurably (spell checker did that) hit a "Q" along the way while aligning all those pesky vertices.

Now since I have NO IDEA what UV sculpt mode IS, I'll have to go look that up. LOL.

Mapping -- the last frontier.

Does exactly what it says - sculpting the UVmap's vertices (shaping and moving  them in a freeform kind of way, of course on 2 dimensional space)

Here is the link to this feature's wiki: http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/Release_Notes/2.62/UV_Tools (bottom of the page)

To agree on what Rahkis Andel said "A cool little feature I never use"

The fursthest i go away from moving them verts around manually is to run a relax over a certain area.

I want them in order, those little virtual-slave-dots, there is no space in this world for them to move freely ! èé

But joke aside, it might be a nice thing to play with for certain tasks.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4107 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.