Does any of second life's viewers work on iPads?

Cristy Viper

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4061 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

http://www.pocketmetaverse.com/

Not with full graphics, but Pocket Metaverse has some features such as:

• Instant Messaging
    Initiate or respond to individual or group IM's.
  • Chat
    Converse with nearby avatars.
  • World Map
    View sims, teleport, search or use landmarks.
  • MiniMap & Who's Nearby
    Zoom in, move & turn, see who's nearby.
  • Inventory
    View notecards & pictures, give & accept items.
  • Profiles
    View profiles, make payments, teleport, befriend.
  • Groups
    View groups, join & leave, send invites.
  • Search
    Find people, groups, places, regions, and more.
  • Photos
    Snap pictures and upload as textures.

In other words, if you REALLY want to enjoy SL, sell your iPad and buy an iMac or a Macbook. (Just kidding: keep them both!). :smileywink: 

• Like 1

Val was kidding, but seriously ... If you want to enjoy Second Life, get a computer.  Tablets were just not designed to handle the heavy graphics load of SL.  You can use one of the text-only viewers, but it's like going in world blind.

• Like 1

"Val was kidding"... Was I really? :P An excellent second hand iMac can be found for the price of a new iPad. I just got one on Ebay for less than 400 Euros the other day to use at the country, and SL is humming happy tunes! Oh, and I sold the iPad I got for Christmas, btw! :D

There is one that sticks a bit out of the regular functionality other mobile versions have but its only for Android by now. http://www.lumiyaviewer.com/) - Its the only one i came across so far having 3D world view and even rendering mesh. (of course in a very limited way but still ..)

For iPad is the best you can get so far pocketmetaverse asValerie already answered. So maybe give it a try.

But yeah to follow up on Rolig's statement.. for the 'fullblown flavor' of SL stay at your computer =)

Yeah, tablets aren't cheap. Neither are laptops, for that matter. You can get the same computing power and graphics or better on a desktop for less than you have to pay for a mobile. And a bigger screen too. The only disadvantage is that, well, a desktop isn't mobile. The only reason I have the laptop that I'm using at the moment is for those few times when I am away from home. Otherwise, I'll use the desktop every time.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4061 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.