Question about viewer 3

Myrdinn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4165 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello SL experts.

Is it possible with V3 (no with a TPV) to hide completely my effects? Under Preferences, Colors, Effects, the only i can change is the colour.

Thanks.

@Rolig: When i click or right click something, everyone can see my effects assuming that he hasn't the Max. particle count set to 0 under preferences, graphics, advanced. How i hide these effects so noone else is able to understand where i click?

@Rolig: Thanks for your quick replies.  I was pretty sure that there is no option under preferences, but i wondered if there is something under Debug settings.

3 answers to this question

Myrdinn wrote:

@Rolig: When i click or right click something, everyone can see my effects assuming that he hasn't the Max. particle count set to 0 under preferences, graphics, advanced. How i hide these effects so noone else is able to understand where i click?

Ah!  I see what you mean.  The particle beam that is displayed when you go into edit mode.  That's easy in Firestorm, where you can either customize the beam or simply turn the beam off.  As far as I know, the V3 viewer doesn't have that option.

• Like 1

Myrdinn wrote:

Hello SL experts.

@Rolig: Thanks for your quick replies.  I was pretty sure that there is no option under preferences, but i wondered if there is something under Debug settings.

D'uh.  I should have looked.  Worse than that, I should have remembered.  :smileyembarrassed:   In the old days before I stopped using Linden Lab viewers, I used to use a debug setting.  Here it is >> ShowSelectionBeam . You can get there from your Advanced (CTRL + Alt + D)  menu  >> Debug Settings.  Set it to FALSE and the particle beam will go away. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4165 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.