Tail movement

Gaara Yearsley

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4070 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

1. I'm making a reptilian tail style, is smooth, but has rings along the entire queue and I want to move in an "S" (top-down), but I can not make it to.
2. I used some scripts that I found there, but I can not move the tail together with rings that have linked. when I put the tail flexibility gravity causes this fall, but the rings are left floating alone (it looks like they were detached from the tail).
Help please!

2 answers to this question

This can not be done using flexi prims and regular prims. You can not attach a regular prim to a flexi prim and make them move as a unit.

You have three options:

1) Make the tail entirely with normal prims or sculpted prims, and wag it only from the base. Before flexi prims existed, this is how almost all wagging tails were done, and it's still how it's done on most furry avatars that require an upwardly curled tail, like a Husky dog, or that require a complex shape to the tail. This is how I would advise doing it in your case. It requires the same skills you used to try to put the rings on the flexi tail, and you just need to attach a sphere prim at the tail base and make that the root prim, amnd place a wag script in that sphere prim.

You can, to a very limited degree, create an illusion of more  flexibility by making multiple tails in different positions of the wag cycle, and making each tail visible or invisible in sequence with a script. The problem with this is that it makes a very prim-heavy attachment, and will probably be a laggy accessory.

2) Make a sculpted prim tail, as a single sculpted prim, and use a script to swap out the sculpt map to cycle through several tail animation shapes, making it appear to wag. Changing the sculpt map reshapes the prim.

3) Learn how to make an animated mesh tail. I have no clue how that is accomplished, as I don't make stuff with mesh, but a friend recently told me he had seen a mesh tail that wagged reasonably well.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4070 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.