SL just disconnects

Sparkle Lytton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4059 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

HI I wonder if anyonecan help. I have been using SL for years. I have had my fair share of freezes crashes etc but now I have a serious problem. SL just disconnects after a randpm period  with no warning one minute you are in SL the next the sl viewer is not running and you have to start it again. This has been happening for a while now but only occasionally but now it is much more frequuent. It also seem worse in busy places in quiet places I can stay logged in for a long tme. I have changed nothing on my pc/router as far as I know but right now SL is becoming unuseable.

Any help gratefully recieved

I'm having the same problem. I've been using SL for everyday now and no problem at all. So I logged in a few hours ago and some of the users were complaining about frequent crashes on SL and before I got a notice I got kicked off of SL. No warning, no nothing, just the same message that tells me that I had logged off, which is never true btw.

Then I tried numerous times to login  again but the damn viewer shuts itself off at that precise time when SL has fully loaded access and all of a sudden I get a crash report, who disappears before I can open it and actually read it. 

Are others getting the same problem too?

• 3 months later...

Same problem on my end.

Using SL for years. Of course I got disconnected from time to time, but I think everyone knows that problem. But right now SL is a pain in the ass for me. I crash every few minutes ("you have been disconnected from second life - the region you are in may experiencing trouble...") blah blah... -.- It is worse in packed areas (clubs, events, etc.) My Avatar doesn't survive at least 30 minutes. :(

I changed NOTHING on my PC/Router. Also I am not running SL wireless, I never did. I already rebooted my router because I know it could help, but... nothing! *sighs*

• 2 weeks later...

Same here, been using sl for years with no major issues. Now I crash to desktop with no warning -- but in my case it's any time I edit a prim, flexy prims seem to really make the viewer unhappy, just grabbing it to edit = crash. This has been going on for several months for me, except for a two-week stretch when it seemed to stop, but that ended two days ago - now I'm back to crashing whenever I edit anything. I'm using Firestorm, btw, with fios internet connection... usually on a sim by myself.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4059 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.