Please tell me who had the terrible idea to add horrible, ugly, intrusive AD BANNERS to the SL site?

Carrie Tatsu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4081 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Please tell me who had the terrible idea to add horrible, ugly, intrusive AD BANNERS to the SL website?!  Is LL that in need of funds to look for ad banner payments? It makes the site look cheap, unappealing and ridiculous.  I realize that LL is a business and ultimately needs to meet their bottom line, but seriously, ad banners?  When I saw them I was actually worried that they are succumbing to a last resort of a way to make money.  I am disappointed that their team thinks this is a good idea. 

carrie

7 answers to this question

Carrie, this upsets me as much as you (I just posted in your general discussion thread), but unfortunately, Lindens dont come or even read in this Q&A section. As to your question, obviously someone at the Lab must have thought he was a genius and LL has approved this idea. I'm afraid none of us has the power to change anything, but posting on Rodvik's wall (if he still in charge) could maybe help to make LL hear our voices.

I sincerely hope your thread won't get wiped by some zealeous mod and that the residents will have the freedom to post their feeling about this. 

• Like 1

I've been using Spybot Search & Destroy for years. Specifically their Hosts File Blocker List. Those Ad Banners are a thing of the past. I had to disable this feature to see what was being chatted about in this thread.

Still available for free at http://www.safer-networking.org/mirrors16/

Wow - the ads that popped up were useless and tacky!

As a long time Premium member and region owner, you'd think that that status would qualify us for an exemption from these annoying intrusions.

...flips Spybot S&D back on.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4081 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.