Multiple Layers Obsolete?

duLuna Bosatsu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4175 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is the mentality of including every possible layer (in terms of a full-body piece of clothing, like a skinsuit) now obsolete since we can "Add" same layers ontop of each other? The tattoo layer even seems to undermine the idea of needing to include a jacket layer too.

In your opinion, for the best possible freedom to give the consumer, in this case a catsuit, would a setup like this be optimal:

Tattoo + Shirt, Pants, Gloves, Socks

or should I include jacket and under layers too? :^

I think I'm over thinking this. Part of me says to only include the Tattoo layer. Pros/cons?

Howdy, duLuna

In MY opinion, multiple layers are FAR from obsolete.  I don't wear tattoos, but my body hair is on my tattoo layer.  So, for me, I like ALL layers when I buy clothes.  Sometimes I interchange things and if something only came in a shirt layer (for example), it might not work in how I want to set things up at that time.  If I were you, I would make all layers and leave the tattoo layer alone.  I think it should be for tattoos and body hair for the guys, and tattoos for the ladies.  So in the example you gave:  Jacket, Shirt, Undershirt, Underpants, Pants, Gloves, Socks. 

But that's just me.  :)

No they aren't obsolete.  When you wear multiple items on the same layer you have to put them on in the order that you want them layered.  So if you decide to add something you sometimes have to remove all the clothes on the layer and start over.  A pain in  the butt.  I still prefer having things on all layers for maximum versatility.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4175 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.