I don't like being invisible!

Maureen Boccaccio

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4077 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Does anyone know of any designers whose dresses/skirts do not render you completely invisible underneath? I've come across a few dresses, which are marvelous!  I mean...what's the point of having all this lingerie?  :)

(Sorry if this isn't the correct board/section...point me in the right direction)

Thanks!

The dresses and skirts that render you invisible underneath are mesh dresses and skirts. They come with an alpha layer (looks like a checkered shirt) that causes your body to become invisible. They do that to prevent your skin from poking through in odd places. You can either a) buy dresses and skirts that use prims, instead of mesh; or b) adjust your shape to fit EXACTLY into the mesh clothing with no peak through bits, so that you don't have to wear the alpha. This can be tricky, and depending how far off your shape is from the shape used to make the mesh, may pretty much change your shape entirely.

Mesh items usually say that they are mesh on the ad. Otherwise, if a demo is offered, it's a pretty good bet that the item is rigged mesh; since rigged mesh can't be edited, demos are offered to make sure the items will work with your avatar.

You can always wear the lingerie anyway; whoever you choose to show it to will still it when you take off your dress and the alpha layer :)

Thanks, Ariel; I have plenty of flexi dresses which are fine....and I do have a few mesh dresses which do not make me completely invisible underneath when wearing the alpha layer.

I'm looking for more designers whose alpha layers do not completely erase the body from waist to mid-thigh. :)

I've tweaked and tweaked to be able to NOT wear the alpha layer, but with little success.

Can you try wearing one of the alpha layers that came with another skirt/dress? Depending on the item, you might be able to swap out the alpha layers without having anything show through. still. Sometimes the designers are just being careful so that they don't get complaints, so they cover EVERYTHING when just covering a little would do.

I'll have to look through my mesh collection and see what I have that doesn't cover up the whole body; I hadn't even really thought about it! I know that I have a pencil skirt from Mon Tissu that, if I recall correctly, doesn't even use an alpha layer - it's a system skirt that uses a mesh panel to cover between the legs, instead of a prim panel. It remains my favorite skirt ever.

I prefer clothes that brings a few alpha layers, covering a bit or more, also if you use a size too big, will show gaps of invisible, up to now, I like Baiastice skirts, have really nice size alpha, it doesnt show when you walk, also I think Erratic and fanatik, cynful dress and skirts, love them, and Boom

SID Riler wrote:

I prefer clothes that brings a few alpha layers, covering a bit or more, also if you use a size too big, will show gaps of invisible, up to now, I like Baiastice skirts, have really nice size alpha, it doesnt show when you walk, also I think Erratic and fanatik, cynful dress and skirts, love them, and Boom

Thanks, Alex!  I'll take a look at those stores. :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4077 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.