Debit Permissions with Paid Adboard...

RubyRoja

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4064 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey there,

So from what I understand, the debit permissions are required for many things to pay you ... but, today I just bought an adboard by Low Industries (https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/LOW-The-Excellent-AD-Board-with-status-bar/2786685) for 500 L$ and it *still* makes me do debit permissions.

I kind of think it's strange... especially because they have an affiliate version that's free and only deducts 20% of the total you get from the board.

Can someone make sense of this for me... I've never purchased from Low Industries before, makes me weary.

Additional question: Is there a way to *revoke* debit permissions?

Thanks!

Ruby

I've no idea what an adboard does so I've no idea why it needs debit permissions. But you can revoke debit permissions by resetting the script(s). It's the script that gets the debit permsission so resetting it means it starts from scratch - without any permission from you. Of course, it will ask for p[ermission again but you can decline.

It may also be that it gets permssion when it is rezzed, so taking it into your inventory and rezzing it again may also undo the permission.

the debit permission is usefull if you want to activate the refund customer if needed.

like sm1 paid but changed his/her mind, so doesnt want to rent the adboard anymore, or want to cancel the transaction for paying another amount of weeks... if you dont accept the debit permission this feature wont be possible for your customers.. its up to you. 

From what im seeing too on the mp product page, the adboard has also a feature that make customers able to stop their rentals earlier and then be refunded aswell..

i guess the adboard will work even if you accept the debit permission, but some feature wont work until you accept it. So again, its up to you.

Any scripted object that a customer must pay requires debit permissions and will not function if you don't grant it. 

While this board may offer a refund for early termination, that is only one reason it is asking.  Even a simple pay script must be granted debit permissoins so that if the customer pays the wrong amount it will refund it to them and tell them to pay the correct amount. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4064 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.