Why am I crashing when I try to type in a folder name box?

luna Lafleur

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4093 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello, I am trying to narrow down my issue but it only began occuring after yesterday's update to SL Viewer which is now verison 3.4.4.

Ok here is what is happening, I go to my inventory, create a new folder and begin to type a name for that folder and "boom" I am gone, no more SL.  This has happened a half dozen times now so I am singling this issue for now as cause of my crashing.  This did not happen with previous version.  Should I go back to my previous version and is that possible? Or any other suggestions. I need alot of folders as I make clothes for SL and make a folder for each item.  Thank you for your help.  I am on Windows 7 Home Premium Service pak 1, 64 bit os, Intel HD Graphics, i32100CPU, 6GP Ram

2 answers to this question

Yes, it is quite possible to reinstall a previous version of V3.  That may be exactly the right thing for you to do.  Just go to http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes and scroll down to the bottom of the page to select the version you want to install.  I suggest:

1. Do a clean re-install, so that you are sure to replace all of the SL files in your Local and Roaming AppData folders as well as the program files for V3.  Instructions are here>> http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_clean_reinstall .  They are written for the Firestorm viewer, but with minor obvious modifications will work fo any viewer.

2.  In Preferences, DISable the default option to download V3 updates automatically.  If you don't do that, LL will try to load the new version of V3 again.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4093 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.