double group notices

Cruz Goodliffe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4095 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I would like to know why I am getting double group notices for every group that I belong to.  Any help appreciate

I am on a wired connection.  This is not just happening for aone or two grous, it is happening for all groups.  It also happens in the SL V2 viewer as well a Firestorm.

Also I ran a speed test on my connection,  I am getting 21.87 mbps down and 6.65 up.  So speed is not the issue.

2 answers to this question

Cruz,

If getting double notices in your offline account email.

Possibility 1) You have a Primary Account and an ALT Account both subscribed to the same groups and are using the same email address for both of those accounts.

Possibility 2) Your account joined the SL group for a venue and the external service for receiving notices such as a Subscribe-o-matic or a HippoGROUP.

Possibility 3) The club is sending both Group Notices and identical Group Chat messages.

If getting double notices in your SL session:

Possibility 1)  Your account joined the SL group for a venue and the external service for receiving notices such as a Subscribe-o-matic or a HippoGROUP.

Correction Options:

Look at the notices carefully and determine the source.

If an SL Group -

1) Leave the SL Group ~or~

2) Change your group membership settings to not receive group messages and/or chat.

In addition to Karen's excellent suggestions, you can sometimes get double chat, IMs, and notices if you are on wireless.  Try switching to a direct cable connection instead.  That may give you better graphics quality too, as well as reducing some connection errors you may have been experiencing.  In general, wireless is a poor choice for SL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4095 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.