Paypal and lindex fail

ViikaMisaMarie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4098 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Im posting this for my boyfriend. Hes telling me what to say.

I am trying to buy lindens using Lindex (with prepaid visa) and with paypal (same card) but they both fail! i keep coming back with 

"There was a problem charging your payment method."

I have called SL billing and they said there was nothing wrong, that to call the people who deal with the cards. so i called Visa and they said that the card was fine and that its SL. i dont trust third party exchanges.

any idea how to fix this? i swear i tried everything, even my gf has tried it herself and it doesnt work. all billing info is the same.

LINDEX SHOULD ACCEPT ALL CARD! i have never had ANY issues with these cards, they are the same cards we have always used. and even then! paypal accepts them but sl isnt accepting the paypal when it did last time. gf is now saying do a third party so give me a few good ones that have the best rating and everyone likes it or something.

3 answers to this question

Issues with prepaid and gift cards

A common cause of payment method failure is the use of unsupported card types. At this time, the majority of prepaid cards are not compatible with our system, even if they bear the VISA/AMEX/Mastercard logo. This includes cards purchased at retail stores, rechargeable credit cards, and bank-issued check cards.

Of all the prepaid cards I have researched, None will work for SL.

SL requires a Card type that allows Reoccurring Charges.

The green dot Card does allow those charges, but the Card is Only good for use in the Country of Origin. You would need to live in Australia.

Options could be to purchase L$ from a RL friend who has an SL Account.

Set up a Pay Pal account (3-5 days)  :smileyindifferent:

You can use a search engine on the web to find 3rd party L$ exchange, or Linden Dollar Exchanges.

Look to see who, or what Group is running the exchange.

Login Inworld, and look for that Resident's / Group Profile, confirm that the Resident appears to be active, and provided instruction on how to receive help if you need it.

If the residents is online, and you have questions, you should ask.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Archive/Third_Party_Linden_Dollar_Exchanges

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4098 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.