How do I apply my Premium membership free 512 plot to my tier?

Kaellynn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4103 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I recently become a premium member and I did NOT get a Linden home.  I pay an extra 15 USD per month for 2048sqm.  I wanted to purchase land listed at 2560, since 2048 (paid) + 512 (free) = 2560, but it kept saying my tier would be bumped up.  Am I misunderstanding something?  

Help!

3 answers to this question

You shouldn't have to do anything.  Go to Land Manager - Land Use Fees (https://secondlife.com/my/account/landfees.php?lang=en-US)  and look at the table.  It should show your free 512 along with your paid 2048.  It also shows if you have donated tier to a group or if you actually own land.  From there you should be able to figure out what you have available.

--Cinn

this is because the payment goes up in tiers (tiers = stages, wadges, lumps, ranges, slots) namely 512, 1024, 2048, 4096 and so on,  If you own land of 2560 you will be charged in the 4096 tier.  You are charged at the tier you hold land in, not for the amount you actually hold.

You have the general idea correct. So you can own a 1536 and only pay for a 1024 ($8). Either you have something else going on (group land donation, something leftover from before?) or the land purchaser is confused. I had a friend who had a problem like this a few years ago. If you really SHOULD be able to buy at no higher fee, then I would do a live chat session and see what they suggest. You wouldn't want to get charged the next step up tier. It would most likely be difficult to get back. So get this fixed first.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4103 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.