For Starters..

Spinell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4195 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone! First time in the animators forums (I usually hang out at the mesh forums XD) and I have some simple questions:

A new friend of mine from SL recomended I try out QAvimator to build my own poses, since I simply can't find what I want in the marketplace. I have no problem learning how to do things myself, afterall I leaned mesh, and the program seems simple enough, but I want to find out some details about animating and posing before I jump into it:

Is it possible to pose fingers? For example, making a fist or pointing somewhere. I ask because I know the basic SL skeleton and it doesn't have any bones on the fingers.

Also, is it possible to pose eyelids? If I want to have my character with her eyes closed, could I do that with QAvimator?

Those are the two main things I'm curious about: I'm very fussy with details, especially with something I make.

Thanks for the info, guys!

No. As far as I know, neither of those things is possible in SL.

However, you can purchase posable prim or mesh hands, which usually include several different poses for the hands/fingers. And I saw closed eyelids just the other day; I don't remember whether they were prim or mesh, but I remember seeing them. A bit of skin matching and you'd be good to go with both of those.

What about AOs? How do they work?

Because my AO does have animation that slightly bends by hands to make it look like I'm bending fingers. I have no idea how it's done because, again, I've seens and worked with the avatar skeleton and there are no bones for the fingers. Or the hand (like bending at the knucles).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4195 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.