I tried to purchase some L$ with paypal. Transaction Failed, took my money anyway. What happened?

SolidScale Slade

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4104 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So, basically, what happened is I wanted to buy some L$. Went through the website to add some money using my paypal. All seemed to go fine as per normal, just like every other time I have. I clicked accept... then it tells me my transaction has failed and to check paypal.

I checked paypal. Paypal said the transactions were complete. All ten of them. All nine I never made and the one I did make. I wouldn't really care that all my money was gone IF I actually got what i paid for. I've yet to see L$ go into my account, nor US$ credit.

No, I didn't click the continue payment button half a million times. No I didn't have multiple tabs open and accidently made separate purchases. No, I didn't add an extra number into my payment. I clicked once, I waited, it failed, I checked paypal and there were ten completed transactions for the same amount of money.

I'm particularly infuriated, as the money I had was a gift for my birthday from a friend who is currently dealing with floods up north. I just want to know what can be done to get my money back... at the very least all the money taken from me without my consent.

I'm not asking for you all to do something, I just want to know what you all think I should do. What steps should I take? I've opened a case through customer service with no reply yet, I've opened a dispute on paypal for unauthorised transactions. What else could I do?

2 answers to this question

Did you do this yesterday, perhaps?

[Resolved January 28, 2013 9:38an PST] The Paypal Issues have been resolved.

[January 28, 2013 12:30am PST] We are currently aware of an issue that may cause some residents to have difficulty in using their PayPal accounts successfully. Please refrain from using PayPal for transactions for the time being, and monitor this blog for updates.

Calm down and call the Billing Office.  If you have a non-technical issue related to billing concerns, you can call the Linden Lab billing team at the following toll-free numbers:

US/Canada: 800-294-1067
France: 0805-101-490
Germany: 0800-664-5510
Japan: 0066-33-132-830
Portugal: 800-814-450
Spain: 800-300-560
UK: 0800-048-4646
Brazil: 0800-762-1132

Long distance ( not free, but you can use Skype to save some cost ) : 703-286-6277
**Note: Support is offered only in English

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4104 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.