I can't see anyone's avatar, but only while I'm on a certain sim please help!

Ekaterina Tolczyner

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4076 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Since last wednesday I've been having this problem when I'm on a specific sim Montego Beach Northeast where my chat and radar show several other avatars around me but I can't see the avatars at all.. not even their nametags. It happens whether I'm using Firestorm or the Linden viewer; I've updated the viewer, done a clean reinstall, rebooted my computer several times, restarted my router, changed my max avatar settings, bandwidth settings, and draw distance settings.. nothing has worked. This happens every time I'm on this sim... and only when I'm on this sim, I can see everywhere else i've been including an event with 70+ avatars. Several other residents have indicated the same problem while here but others on the same viewer aren't having the problem.

Please any help you can give would be appreciated, I need to be able to see on this sim I work here as a hostess and I can't host at my best if i can't see the guests!!!

2 answers to this question

It is a problem others are having too since the last update and seems to be only for Magnum SIM. Here is a link to the discussion. http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Second-Life-Server/Deploys-for-the-week-of-2013-01-21/td-p/1837633

You can check to see if it is a Magnum SIM, in which case it is just a case of waiting until a fix is done.

Update - Just picked up that a fix is being rolled out this Wednesday. Here you are -

Second Life RC Magnum:

Magnum is getting the interest list improvement project.  This projectshould reduce the bandwidth usage of viewers due to object updates, and should improve simulator performance, especially in sims with many connected avatars.  This week's update addresses an issue where some users experienced high packet loss, leading to issues such as not seeing avatars or objects inworld.

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_RC_Magnum/13#13.01.28.269574

Scheduled Wednesday 2013-01-30 07:00-11:00 PST

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4076 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.