Please help with hollow mesh cube (Cinema 4D)

Nicole Hansome

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4106 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all :)

I m trying to create a hollow mesh cube in cinema 4d but i cant find out how ? I know about extrude and inner extrude function but when i use these functions then the cube is open on one side.. what i want to create is a closed cube which is hollow inside, so that i can be inside then.. Like an environment cube.. Of course i could take 4 walls, a ceiling and a floor then i have my cube but i want a single mesh cube which is hollow inside.

Please could anyone tell me how to do that in cinema 4d ? I was spending several hours with no result so far :(

Thanks much

Sounds familair, I too come across problems that take me hours sometimes. I try to find out myself first, but when I really cannot bend my head around it, I ask as well.

The problem is this case is that a  cube in C4D has an inside and an outsite. But this same cube has in SL only the outside. You can flip normal, but then it has only an insite. A plane in SL will also have just one site that can be textured, the other site non existing. So you need to make the other site in C4D, before it can exist in SL.
And now you know how to do this :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4106 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.