Items unlisted for "Not as Advertised Incorrect Listing Category" - who makes this call?

Gericho

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4199 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just opened my store yesterday, spent all night finishing making the ads and spreading the word online with notices and announcements to the furry community as this will be the large makeup of my audience. I'm selling a device that will apply clothing textures to the werewolf avatar made by DreamCrawler Martin. I listed my texturizers under Avatar Accessories > Furry Accessories as this is where all the other items for the DC Werewolf are sold.

Well, I go to bed immediately after and wake up to find that only an hour or two after I went to bed, all my items but one were unlisted as follows:

January 24, 2013 10:37
Product "[W:W] CAMO pants NO shirt" was flagged for Item Not As Advertised Incorrect Listing Category.

Product "[WW] BLACK JEANS - NO SHIRT" was flagged for Item Not As Advertised Incorrect Listing Category.

Product "[W:W] BLUE JEANS - ripped - unbuttoned | NO SHIRT" was flagged for Item Not As Advertised Incorrect Listing Category.

So, that's 3/4 of my store that is suddenly unavailable after I had spent hours advertising its grand debut. I sold two pairs of the only listed item today so I wonder how many sales I might have lost. It's not much but it's very frustrating after 6 hours of solid work. Who makes this call? Is it user-flagged? How can I prevent this from happening again?

It probably was flagged by a user.  Supposedly. if it was flagged a linden looks and if they agree then it is delisted.  You can make the correction and then relist it.

Those items belong in the clothing category IMO, even thought they are for a specific avatar.  Just put that informatoin in you title or keywords so it will come up for people searching for clothes for that avatar.  Accessories would be wearable things that aren't clothes like shirts and pants.  That is where potential buyers will most likely look anyway for those kinds of things.

I agree with Amethyst that those items sound like clothing items, rather than avatar accessories. The fact that others might be listing items in that category doesn't help you, their items simply haven't been flagged. This can be a confusing issue and there's a distinct lack of help in some cases.

Many people, when unsure of what category they should list an item, search for similar items and then list in the category they find. Unfortunately that's not always the correct category.

I had my newest items taken down only a couple of hours after listing them, for incorrect category. My older items were left alone, yet same wrong category. So I think new listings are being targeted, and it might be a Linden doing a quick check.

It is hard to know what category to use and I got a bit concerned. But when I looked I saw that there are so many new categories to choose from and I found one that matched exactly to my item. Another item I just used 'other structures' which is an improvement to what I had it under. I was just using quick fill with one of my old listings, and didn't realise all the new options. So, my fault.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4199 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.