Viewer de-sync

Mira Kamiguwa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4201 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recently I've noticed that some times clothing does not sync between viewers.  One person will be wearing the same outfit they were wearing afew minutes ago while they see them self wearing a compleatly different outfit.  I've tried this using two viewers on different computers in my house and seen the same effect.  

Are you talking about alt accounts?  It's not uncommon at all to have problems with one account's clothing to appear on another alt when those accounts are on the same computer.  Clearing the caches on both (or all) of the accounts usually clears the problem (sometimes it's necessary to do a manual cache clearing.......or deleting the contents of the cache folder manually).  However the problem is likely to return unless you move the cache locations for all the one account (normally the main account) to a different location on your computer.  Technically, it shouldn't happen but in real life it does......the caches mix between the various accounts.  Moving the locations for all but one account to another location on your computer prevents that mixing.

I was playing with my alt today, testing some different outfits.  And at one point it took a good 2 minutes for the two instances of FireStorm to agree on her clothing.  It usually only takes a few seconds, took enough longer today to get my attention.  I hope its not a trend.  (My machine can run 3 or 4 avatars without too much effort, each avatar with a unique cache, etc, etc.  I've done it before, it was much slower today)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4201 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.