My Second Life page

Tex Monday

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4107 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Good day everyone...

Wasn't sure where to post this, so I thought I'd start here.

I have started using the My Second Life page must more recently and ran into a problem. I use the system to message people when I'm not on line. I had a new message in my inbox and wound up accidently deleting the old messages as the new one was coming in. So, the inbox states that I have a new message, but I can't get to it.

Does anyone know of a way to get rid of that or may reinstate old messages so I can see what this one was. I know it wasn't anything important, but the little orange circle showing me I have a mesage is getting on my nerves. :matte-motes-sunglasses-3:

Thanks....

Once you have clicked on your inbox, go to the "notifications" tab. The little orange circle, in this specific case, probably means someone either commented or loved one of your posts or snapshots. Once you click on this person's comment, the orange thingy will disappear. 

If it was a message, it would appear in the "messages" tab. :smileyhappy:

valerie Inshan wrote:

Once you have clicked on your inbox, go to the "notifications" tab. The little orange circle, in this specific case, probably means someone either commented or loved one of your posts or snapshots. Once you click on this person's comment, the orange thingy will disappear. 

If it was a message, it would appear in the "messages" tab. :smileyhappy:

The orange circle says 1, but it also states that I have a message, not a notification. Although no messages exist. Wish I could take a picture and show you what I'm talking about.

Just an afterthought: do you get email notifications when someone messages you? If you do, clicking on the notification in your mailbox will take directly to the new message. 

Also, if it is a new message in an existing conversation, you will have to click on that person's name to see the new message at the bottom of the whole conversation, as shown here:

messages.jpg

New messages from a person will always keep showing under the same heading.

I would think having the person send you a new one would make them visible again.

My only theory is that this might be what happens when someone you have messages from mutes you... Because what has happened seems similar, though not exactly the same, as what occurs with muting elsewhere.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4107 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.