Derendering?

Abrianna Mavendorf

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4051 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi! Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but I'm not sure what category derendering falls under.

Anyway, I need to derender an object in SL but can't figure out how to do it from the drop menu???   Ive read that you can do it from the pie menu, but I don't have that.

Can someone please tell me how to derender from drop menu or how to get the pie menu?

Thank you!

hi !

What viewer are you using ? Viewers doesnt have all this feature. 

Firestorm has it. For derendering using Firestorm viewer you need to right clik the object you want to derender, then in the pie menu click on "more", again, on "more" a second time and you will see the "derender" option on the top right of your pie menu.

For rerendering, go in "world" menu;, then in 'asset black list" , delete what you want to rerender from the list and then change your group tag or tp and tp back, or relog.

If you are using another viewer, maybe this one doesnt have the "derender" feature...

If you are using a different viewer, all you should need to do is change your group tag and either TP out of the sim and back or relog.  Firestorm's derender system is only necessary because derendered objects and avatars are placed on a blacklist that is renewed when you TP or relog.  If you were using Linden Lab's V3 or another viewer without a blacklist, derendering should be automatic.

• 2 months later...

Okay, I am so hoping someone will read this and know about it.  I use Singularity viewer.  It's wonderful.  When you derender something, it stays derenedered until you release it from the asset blacklist, BUT

I have derendered large hideous objects from my neighbors parcel and, yes, it is now invisible, BUT it shows up on my parcel as in invisible (primless) object and won't let me select any of my objects that are in its way.

If I try to return it, i get a message saying returning it is not within region permissions.

WAIT - breaking news.  I just derendered the ghost derendered object and OMG, that works!

So, now i'll wait and see what the consequence of that action is and report back.

Doing Happy Dance, although I'm sure the ghost will appear somewhere else.

30 minutes later:

Okay, what seems to happen here is that when i derender the previously-derendered objects, it move their ghost object off my parcel and further off sim. I can actually click off sim with edit on and see them.  And their removal from my parcel seems to withstand a relog.  Soooooooo, woohoo!!  I'd love to hear from anyone else about this.

Derendering doesn't remove an object.  All it does is tell your own graphics card to ignore it.  The object is still there, so you can bump into it and it will continue to block you from clicking on objects that are behind it. Everyone else can see the object normally, because your derendering doesn't affect their graphics cards.  You just can't see it.  CTRL + Alt + T will not highlight the object, because it doesn't have a transparent texture.  It's not strictly a ghost either, because it is visible to everyone else. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4051 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.