How to judge a parcel is at the center of a sim or on the corner of a sim or at the edge of a sim?

brightacs

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4118 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

Hello,

you would have a loop through all 4x4m squares on the sim, check if it's part of the parcel that you want to check, then check if that 16m² piece is located at either 0m or 255m. If you can't find any piece that's on the region border, it's not in a corner.

If you do, you check for every piece, if two dimensions (x and y) of it are either located at 0m or 255m.

If one of the pieces match, the parcel is in the corner of the sim.

Oh, well, you write a script that sends a "Here I Am! " message, and you put it in your object.  Then if you want to know where it is (and therefore where it's parcel is), you jst send it a PING and wait for it to tell you.

BTW, I wrote a handy little script that uses Martin's suggestion.  >>> http://community.secondlife.com/t5/LSL-Library/Sim-Prim-Count/td-p/1603611 . It is designed to tell you how many prims are in each parcel on your sim,. but as a side effect it tells you where each parcel is too.  As I said, it's not as easy as you might think it should be.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4118 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.