Getting the coordinates of my region

Sledge Kappler

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4647 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, i've looked all around, but i haven't found what i need.

I am looking for a piece of script, that gives me the coordinates (x,y to x,y) or (x,y and width and length).

What i need it for? For example: If an object is rezzing, it can calculate the center (x,y) of the region where it is rezzing in and can move to that point.

Any ideas?

Greetings

Sledge

llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(!!llGetLinkNumber(), [PRIM_POSITION, <1.304382E+19, 1.304382E+19, 0.0>, PRIM_POSITION, <128.0,128.0,128.0>])

The above will go to the coordinates <128,128,128> instantly. If you only want it to go to center but not change height:

vector pos = llGetPos();llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(!!llGetLinkNumber(), [PRIM_POSITION, <1.304382E+19, 1.304382E+19, 0.0>, PRIM_POSITION, <128.0,128.0,pos.z>])

• Like 1

there are no functions to get the shape or position of a parcel within a region. parcels may not be square, or solid (may have cutouts)

if this should only work on particular parcels, you can instead detect the region and/or parcel name and move to a hard coded position within that region

• Like 1

It can be a pain to do this. You can loop thru the region coordinates in rows and columns, with 4m skips, and use llGetParcelDetails to match IDs. Average the extremes to find a good guess at the center, but should add a "next best match" fallback in case the parcel is not a regular shape.

• Like 1

Hi, but it is possible that the calculation start pos isn't on exact a 4 m boundary. So 1 m steps will be more exactly.

For example. Parcel start is as (0,0) (z ignored) and has a width of 32 meter (ends at 32,0).

When rezzing at (2,0) and calculating with 4 Meter steps then ending is at (34,0) (or 30,0) .

Greetings

Sledge Kappler wrote:

Hi, but it is possible that the calculation start pos isn't on exact a 4 m boundary. So 1 m steps will be more exactly.

For example. Parcel start is as (0,0) (z ignored) and has a width of 32 meter (ends at 32,0).

When rezzing at (2,0) and calculating with 4 Meter steps then ending is at (34,0) (or 30,0) .

Using 4 meters is just so exact as if you use 1 meter

You only have to do a little calculation

the offset you added to the start(2m) you just subtract from the result and you land on the spot exact.

Something like this:

for ( row=0; row<256; row+=4)

for ( col=0; col<256; col+=4)

if ( landat(row,col,0) is on the parcel) { do what it is you want to do with the <row,col,0.0>to<row+4,col+4,0> land unit}

will do and it doesn't even have an offset:smileyvery-happy:

You may use llGetParcelDetails to obtain parcel name. parcel owner etc.

If for some reason you don't start on the 4 by 4 meter grid you just round your number so it is on the grid:

x=4.0*llFloor(x/4.0);

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4647 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.