Laplacian Smooth - Blender 2.64

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4117 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So --- I am trying to find the Laplacian Smooth modifer????    The Blender wiki isn't helping me there too much. The info for 2.6 gives me a hotkey that has no Laplacian Smooth and the 2.65 wiki says it should be in the modify panel. Now unless there is a modify panel I don't know about (I use the wrench button in the sidebar), I can't find it. "Smooth" is there but the menu isn't the same. Google isn't helping me find a 2.64 wiki *wink*.

So any hints on where it might be would be appreciated OR it may have been taken out for awhile?  Moving on but would still like to know if it is available in 2.64. Thanks a bunch.

it should be in the DEFORM list of the modifiers third row from the left half way down

The Icon is an IRON. Click the add modifiers drop down to add the modifer and should end up in your modifiers stack in 2.65

laplacian.jpg

If you use the hot key in edit mode "W-C" then the settings should be on the left panel  see image below

lap2.jpg

• Like 1

Well should be and ARE seem to be different :D

forum1.jpg

Are there some shapes you can't use it on? Maybe that's why it isn't showing up.  

I worked around it and suspect that my LI would have been too high with it, but trying to make some more organic shapes and figure out what the thriftiest way is. Thanks. At least I know I was looking in the right spot.

PS. That was the hot key I was trying to use also, but nothing there for me that way either. A mystery.

Hmmm odd. Not sure why it would be missing. You may try reinstalling blender 2.64 or update to 2.65

On a side note. You should look in to using the lattice modifier for more organic shapes. Pretty awesome tool IMO

PS it is not necessary to use the shape keys or animations to get your shapes. This video just shows an accurate range of use

Yes, odd. I looked to see if it was there with just a cube on the workspace, but no. So not a "only certain shapes or only before you did something else" sort of thing. I will look at the lattice video tomorrow. THANKS for posting that. SO MUCH to learn :D.

Saw that at the wiki (and at one for generic 2.6). Tried that.

It is for 2.65 and hopefully IS there, but not in my 2.64. Eventually I will install the new one but have lots of stuff I want to work on first - LOL. I am not usually the first to jump on the new release bandwagon. But as I said before it is not in the "W" key list either :(.  Maybe they left it out by mistake or had an issue with it in one build and I go that one. Not a biggie. Going to watch that video you put up for me to see. TY.

EDIT: LIKED the VIDEO. Very clear and easy to understand. Have ideas. They are currently at the bottom of a long list, but they are there. Thanks a bunch.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4117 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.