Viewer crashing

Luna Mystiere

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4114 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have been able to tp in the past but since the big roll back, I haven't been able to tp away from my home without crashing while im walking around the sim that is fully loaded... I thought that after everybody elses errors got sorted, that mine would too.... but sadly no, I've tried, phoniex, firestorm and exodus and all crash .. iv cleaned caches, done clean installs of viewers etc.... So any idea what is going on...?

Cheers

Luna

2 answers to this question

What big rollback?  If you're having trouble with all of those viewers, they aren't the problem, and it's unlikely that SL's servers are.  It more likely your Internet connection, especially since you didn't mention any error messages.  (Although you may have introduced some other errors by reinstalling, if you didn't do it cleanly.)  The first culprit to suspect is always your router.  If it's been a while since you rebooted it, do it now and reboot your modem too.  Routers tend to get messy RAM over time, so a reboot cleans them out and lets them get a firmer grasp on an IP address.  They also just get old, thanks in part to overheating.  I replaced mine a couple of years ago and was amazed by how much more stable SL was, all of a sudden.

Take a look at other connection issues here >>> http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/ .  Now, if you are really crashing, as opposed to disconnecting, take a look here too >>> http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_run_crash

Maybe the Region needs to be restarted.

You could file a Ticket with Support, or, if it is a Private Region, ask the Owner.

Could be the land rebake for the path finding.

Have you tried to change your Start Location at the Login screen? Try a region named Smith.

You could create an Alt, see if that account works.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4114 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.