Any Interesting packing ideas?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4117 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I've gotten to the phase in my furniture making that i am making the box to pack sets in. I could use some inspiration though and was wonderig if anyone has seen any interesting rezz boxes or unpack boxes, I am not sure what they are called. I've looked but can't find any and was wondering if anyone has seen anything interesting.

A small delivery truck would be cool.  1 meter long, a small one.

In a shipping container or on wooden pallet.

A box that folds open... when clicked

I like products, where the creator has put thought into every process.

I would make the box myself, and use the scripts from an existing rezz box.

• Like 3

Interesting boxes are just that........interesting boxes.  But if they are so interesting that it's confusing to the purchaser on just what to do with it, it gets complicated.  For instance, a few years ago I purchased some boots and it can in a box that looked like a boot (the boots I purchased were packed inside along with the shoe base and instructions on how to resize the boots).  I got confused (and a little pissed off) because the box was a boot but not the boots I purchased......it took my a few minutes to realize it was just a box that the boots were packed in.  I think a simple and effective packing box is a box (any shape but keep it uncomplicated) with a picture of the product that is packed inside.  Make it easy for the customer to know it's a box that needs to be unpacked.  Remember, not all SL'ers are experienced and everyone is confused when first coming to SL.

• Like 1

Ha those are great, do you mind if I might use the delivery truck one? I personally love to think every part through and not just use anything if I can think of something better. This time my mind was blank though and couldnt find any inspiration anywhere.

And yea I understand not making the boxes to confusing. It's always customer first but in this case I want to also have the customer enjoy the process of unboxing by seeing something that they might be a little different than the usual box with some textures of what your getting.

I would be honored if you used it.

The idea is all yours if you want it, that's why I offered. :smileyhappy:

You could put your logos on the sides, maybe some running lights, spinners on the rims, some hydraulics.... ok, maybe it doesn't need to be hoppin.. Keep it simple :matte-motes-smile:

That is funny :smileyvery-happy:

A deluxe delivery: could use two path finding bots, to deliver full size furniture, in a full size truck, and carry it into the customers LH.

Better yet, you could order the furniture, while sitting in your LH, watching a shop at home network, on your SL television.

Let's put path finding to work; now get me a drink.

My favorite delivery box was the container for a whimsical robotic tuba avatar.  The box has an animated loop - it sprouts stubby little legs and an antenna, walks a bit, then turns back into a plain box, and scoots back to the starting point..  Only 8 prims!  I've had it rezzed in my workshop for 3 years and I always smile when I see it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4117 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.