Edwardian or Late-Victorian male clothing?

Eclipse Harbinger

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4113 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I give up.  I've looked under every keyword on the marketplace I can think of, and I'm having even worse luck in world.  Does anyone know of store that creates/tailors/sells fine Edwardian or late-Victorian era clothing for men?  Specifically, I'm looking for a full wardrobe, from single-breasted morning coat, afternoon frock coat, dinner jacket, and full blown formal tie and tails.  Lounge jacket, smoking jacket and riding pink would be nice, and I'm also open to other suggestions (polo, golf, tennis, what-have-you).  The problem I'm finding is that most of the stuff I'm seeing (there are a few exceptions, but when I go to look at it in world, the store is gone) is historically inaccurate.  Detail and accuracy are paramount for me (so if a frock coat doesn't come to the knees, I'm not buying--and fgs, don't try to put me in tiger stripes as I am NOT a footman/valet).  I'm amenable to paying for custom work, if it comes to that--but again, this needs to be historically accurate, not someone's impression taken from watching Downton Abbey.  

Any ideas?

Eclipse Harbinger 

(email me via: kamael.xevious@gmail.com)

Making clothing for SL  is a lot of work in general.  Making items that are historically accurate requires even more time, research, not to mention some items are just not possible to create with any sort of accuracy that look well.

If you are finding items on MP and no store in-world, it is possible there was not enough support of their creations to pay for a store in world.  Try iming the creator  to set up an appointment to see the items in-world,  Also, you might try a "mix and match" approach  using pieces form different outfits. 

Many creators may not make a distinction between Victorian and Edwardian  eras.  The Edwardian area was a very short period of time (9-14 years depending on who you reference); whereas, the Victorian was 60+ years. Try searching for Victorian or Steampunk. You may have to browse though a lot of items, but you might find what you need.

If all else fails, you will need to have custom work done for you, which I am sure will be costly.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4113 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.