Sage Datura

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4298 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

ive tried several times to log in using firestorm viewer, viewer 2 ,  and pheonix , and i still cant get past the handshake, everytime  it says that there is maintence work going on and to try back in a few minutes, ive went thru my computer to make sure my security wasnt interfering and all seems to be fine , please can you get me back inworld , thank you

1 answer to this question

The usual explanation is that the sim you are trying to log in to is temporarily off line for maintenence.  Try logging in at a different sim.  If the sim really is off line, you can file a support ticket to report an off-line sim.  LL typically responds to those reports within 20-30 minutes.

Here are the other normal possibilities:

• Your Internet Connection is Down Check whether you are able to connect to the 'net using a web browser; try to use it to visit a known website. If that fails, then the first thing to try is to unplug your modem/router for at least a full minute, then once plugged back in, allow then to go through startup, after which reboot your computer. If after this you are still unable to connect to the Internet with a web browser, you will probably need to contact your ISP to have your connection checked.
  • Your Router and/or Modem has Problems Repeat the same things as above.
  • Your Firewall is Preventing the Connection Try disabling your firewall software completely and then try to log in again. If you are successful, then you need to allow the viewer access through the firewall. Some tips on how to do that are here.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4298 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.