No notifications regarding renewal.

Adam Marker

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4123 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My renewal date is the 9th of January, and indeed my account was renewed yesterday. I'm A-OK with that.

I'm curious why I didn't receive any notifications regarding the renewal. I checked my spam folders and did a search. I see renewal notices going back many years, all received on December 25th. Except for this time.

I checked my account email address and the address is correct. I often receive IMs sent to email. I received a Lindex confirmation for a recent transaction.

Is there somewhere I could have opted out of the notifications? Everything went fine this year, but I want to make sure I'm missing other important notifications.

4 answers to this question

Up until this last membership renewal I always recieved a notification about 10 to 14 days before my payment was due.  My membership fee is due every three months on or about the 7th of those months.  My membership for this quarter was due the 7th of December (a month and 3 days ago).  I got the notification on the the 8th of Dec that my fee was paid.  That is quite normal.  However, I don't remember getting the notification 10 to 14 days before LL hit my account.  I just put it off as I missed the notification (it's possible I would do that but I'm also pretty good about noticing things that cost me money)  Now that you seem to have experienced what I experienced for my last membership payment I think maybe I'll be on the look out next February when I should get the advanced notification for the March payment.....if I don't get that notification I'll get billing a call to see what's up.  Since October, 2005 I've recieved that notification like clock work (along with the notification about the payment being successfully made).

I'm like you I guess.  It's not earth shaking but it is unusual.  I like to know when anyone intends to hit my account for payment (I don't have many things paid on a recurring basis but the ones I do I like knowing in advance that something is going to be taken out of my account).  It appears you are not alone with the missing notification.  I mean for over 7 years LL has always done it one way and suddenly it changes without any explaination is not something I like.  But since I can't be sure I didn't get the notice in November I'll wait till next time before I raise any cane with LL (actually I won't raise cane unless I think I'm getting the run around........and my dealings with LL has always been pleasant so I don't anticipate a problem).  I do want to know if the notifying policy has changed though.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4123 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.