Adding Agent

joniveehernandez

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4126 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi Guys, Here's the scenario I'm creating a script that accept agent name but the real thing is it saves the UUID not the name. Because I want it User-friendly what is the best way to accept agent name? By the way I'm using Textbox to accept agent name.

Since llName2Key is not yet possible and I don't want to rely on libraries the used external database like from Takat Su.

I'll implement it to my Security Orb System in adding whitelist and admins and so on.

Thanks!

The username is as good as an uuid to identify an avatar. The script should add the "Resident" lastname if needed and convert everything to lowercase for comparison but if someone types in Displaynames - that will not work.

There are NO functions: displayname -> username/ uuid and username -> uuid besides 3rd party stuff.

This is what I use when I want to turn input into usernames, from the wiki:

string agentUsername(string agentLegacyName) {    return llDumpList2String(llParseString2List(llToLower(agentLegacyName)+" ", [" resident ", " "],[]), ".");}

I also use this, rather than external databases, when I want to turn names into keys: https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/N2K.   However, since it risks W3C changing their services (as has happened before) and breaking it, and  also it can't find people who have set "show in search" to false, I don't think I would recomend the method here.    Usernames are the way to do it, to my mind.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4126 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.