Trust. Can you think of a situation where you had to Trust someone in SL?

stenick1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4135 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

16 hited a great point. 

sometimes what we give to others can be a weight for them indeed.

Nevertheless i still consider as a gift the trust i put in some pp. Usually, its hard for me to give any trust to someone, and when i do, its a gift for me.

In sl, i have meet some pp who i consider as friend as my rl friends. As i said in another thread, when a friend is a friend, it doesnt matter the friendship comes from sl or rl.

For 2 of those friends i have a full trust. they had already to log with my account for helping me and i had no worries with this. They did same for me. They have also full rights on my land and items. And they know pretty everything about my rl, and they are even friend with me on my RL facebook account.

That said, ive been already betrayed in the past by pp i put trust in them. what makes me more suspicious now, and i dont trust easily anymore. 

Trust is smthing that has to be desserved imho. Some other feelings are more easy with trust btw, like friendship or love. From my bad experience, after having been badly betrayed by sm1 i loved, i tryed to go on a relationship without trust, obviously it couldnt succeed. Of course i still feel love for this person, bec love is often not rational, but i cant have any relation with these person bec whatever i tried i cant trust him anymore for now. Sometimes you feel that trust is more important than love.....

(i will leave aside, those who obviously are annoyed by the fact we can discuss quietly in this thread... ignoring them is sometimes the best answer to give)

ETA : for grammar. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

stenick1 wrote:

One would think a person as knowledgeable as yourself would be able to spell properly and use proper grammar and punctuation. Seriously, "right" a paper?!?

I have trouble with spelling and grammar. 

I said I wanted to become more knowledgeable.  How did you get that I was claiming to be excessively knowledgeable from that?!

Correcting grammar in place of Rebuttal, Congratulations, you've added nothing to the discussion. 

Fine, i will add to your knowledge then...

Yes, I can think of several situations in SL where i have had to trust someone..

No, I don't care to share private information with a complete stranger.

Nosey, aren't you.

You could easily have asked  "Trust. Can you think of a situation where you had to Trust someone in RL?" As they have quite a bit in common.

Common sense would dictate that there will be situations in every part of life where you will have to trust someone, be it in RL , SL or a MMO (i will add you to my team, trusting that you actually know how to play and wont kill me for kicks.)  It's a stupid question.

"Fine, I will add to your knowledge....No, I don't care to share" lol.

Common sense assumptions are often wrong which is why I think it's interesting to talk about this stuff.  

It's your right to disagree.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4135 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.