i have a problem. when i wear shoes, any type of shoes a ugly part of my foot compare always beetwee

Anita Sivith

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4203 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

Most shoes for women consist of a prim for the foot,(this is the shoe) and a 'shaper' or 'alpha' that covers up or reshapes the avitar foot to the same angle as the shoe. Take a look inside your shoes folder and see if there is something else you should be wearing to shape your foot correctly.

• Like 1

The latest update changed a lot of people's default graphics settings. It sounds like yours were changed to turn "Lighting and Shadows" on. This is a newer graphics system that has the potential to make things look fantastic but it has side effects. One of them is that it disables old "invisiprims" which used to be used to hide body parts. This disabling is on the viewer side. Your shoes probably used invisiprims.

The way to get around this is to wear an "alpha" layer that is another way of hiding body parts that's better than using invisiprims in a lot of ways. If you're lucky your shoe maker included alpha layers and may have also included a "Viewer 2" version of the shoes which don't have invisiprims at all. If you don't have an alpha for your shoes you may be able to find them - they're pretty common now and an alpha from one shoe can be worn with a completely different one. If you're seeing four feet it means your shoes have their own feet built in, which will make finding the right alpha easier.

If you don't want to deal with this you can go into "Preferences" - "Graphics" - "Advanced" and turn off "Lighting and Shadows," but be aware that as time goes on more and more people will see your feet this way until you start using alpha layers.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4203 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.