Perspective and small objects

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4205 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

While making product pictures, I always experience that the perspective is too strong when I shoot smaller objects. This looks rather unnatural, so I do correct it with the perspective option in Photoshop.

In next picture nr 1 shows how the snapshot looks, nr 2 is after correction in Photoshop.

PerspectiveSmallObjects.png

Now my question is: is there a way to manipulate the angle of perspective in SL? So that I do not need to correct the perspective in Photoshop all the time?

Anybody who experienced with perspective in SL photography?

I've experienced it in pictures I've taken in SL.  I found I get pretty results by changing the angle of my camera view to a more overhead view by a few degrees.  What I notice in your method using the perspective tool in editing is that all your items on the cutting board are different sizes.  That happens with the camera angle change too but it's a little more natural in my opinion.  Either way you are distorting the image slightly but using the perspective tool in post production appears to be un-natural.  If you will look closely at that appears to be a brie wheel (lower right corner of the cutting board) you see a loss of definition on the cheese texture.........the un-edited looks natural and the edited looks a little blurred with almost no definition to the texture.  I think moving the camera angle would help in that respect.

Plus you wouldn't have to edit the picture to get a better perspective.

Under "Preference" - "Move and View" you can adjust your "View Angle", which is the equivalent of changing the focal length of a camera lens. Push the slider left for "telephoto" and right for "wide angle." If you push it slightly to the left you should be able to take pictures of small objects with less perspective. That's a trick RL photographers use for portraits and probably merchandise photos too.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4205 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.