Can't walk in a mesh building

Ark Vuckovic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4195 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

i have a little problem. I am creating a mesh building. I formed my walls using the floor plan picture as a guide. Then I extruded the plane to the proper height. I followed the advice from http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Mesh/Can-you-help-me-open-my-door/td-p/1449639/highlight/true thread and used same mesh as a physical shape wile uploading. But I can't walk into the structure even I changed it to prim. I used that technique before and it worked fine. After I upgraded my Firestorm and Blender at the same time I got this problem. I can't see what is the problem here. Can you help me?

Thanks.

Here's another possibility....  I uploaded a mildly complicated mesh roof this morning, along with a physics model that was simply a set of planes mimicking the roof from the top side.  If I clicked "Analyse" in the pre-loader, I'd see my model as a solid red block -- a mesh that would have been impossible to get into above the eaves.  By leaving "Analyse" unchecked, I got a 1 L.I. uploaded model with the physics exactly where I planned it.  I can walk into the attic now.  I still don't understand what checking or unchecking "Analyse" means in this context, but it made the difference between the right physics and the wrong physics for me.

• Like 1

Are you on Blender 2.65? I have had some odd physics issues with that, although I'm starting to feel I need to save my object in edit mode rather than object mode for the shape to work correctly. I don't remember having to do this before mind you but maybe I was always saving from edit mode.

• Like 1

Without "Analyze" : the physics shape is the set of triangles comprising the specified mesh. The weight increases as the scale decreases. Any small or narrow triangles will increase the weight. If an avatar gets inside a closed shape, it may get stuck there.

With "Analyze" : the mesh is used to geberate a set of convex hulls approximating the specified mesh. The closeness of approximation and the weight depend on the settings and whether you simplify. The weight does not change with size. Avatars are pushed out of the interior of hulls.

• Like 1

Thank you guys for your help. Well, it's very weird. I uploaded the shape today. This time the cost was 16L. Yesterday it was 11L.  I swear that i havn't done anything to the initial Collada file, but it acting normal. I mean i can walk throughout all dorrways. Tjat is so weird.

Thank you again.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4195 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.