A Free Toy Mesh Shunting Train for You

Maxwell Grantly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4189 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I’ve only recently been experimenting with mesh in Second Life, after becoming initially confident at just building with prims only. Last weekend I finished a two-day project by completing the first stage of a Christmas present for my role-play brother, Skippy. I was thrilled that I managed to get the land impact to be below a value of one prim. There is still more work to be done, in adding three more carriages, some smoke, various train sound and movement too but I am hoping that it may all be completed before Christmas morning.

bluetrain(MP).jpg 

I allowed Skippy an early peep as I continued to work on the railway carriages to follow the railway engine. My inspiration for this build was a small toy Somerset and Dorset Joint Railway tank engine that I retained from my youth. When I passed the mesh engine to Skippy, he was so pleased with the outcome that he suggested passing it around freely around the grid.

If you want a copiable engine for yourself, please do feel free to click on this link and “purchase” a freebie for yourself.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/The-Blue-Train/4305404

I would be thrilled if others got some pleasure out of owning something that I had made so please accept it as a free Christmas gift with the complements of Skippy and myself. Merry Christmas.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4189 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.