1 item failed with the error: Second Life communications timeout

Alyssa Quicksand

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4230 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok this is really bugging me, I'm trying to purchase gifts for a friend with whom is about 1000 days, she had never Age Verified this account as it was used as a modle in her store. She had left Second Life for a little bit and deleted her other account and is returning wanting to use this one.

Everytime I try and send something like an AO, Clothings, Skins/Shapes I get "1 item failed with the error: Second Life communications timeout" .

However basic things like a Facelight goes through with zero problems. Since there is no longer an Age Verification process like the old days and the link has been removed from the Dashboards, I am confused to how to resolve this issue for her. Her settings in Preferences are set to PG, Mature, & Adult, I don't know what else to do. =/

Alyssa

Have her try to buy something from the MP - a freebie like https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Direct-Delivery-Linden-Bear/3290638

If that's successful, then try to send a gift to her and see if you still get the error message.

(When Direct Delivery was first launched back in March, buying the Linden Bear was a way to get the "Received Items" File to appear in the viewer. Perhaps that will help.)

If she received the facelight successfully, then I don't think sending the bear is necessary. It's possible there's just something odd about the skin/shape listing that you are trying to gift. If the creator has an inworld store, perhaps they also have a "gift to friend" option on the inworld vendors. You could also try sending the creator an instant message (check their profile for their preferred way of communication - it could be they prefer notecards) to alert them to the issue with sending the item as a gift.

Best of luck...crossing my fingers for you.

Alyssa, definitely check Cerise's suggestion (if it is a DD item or Magic Box item) because that could help you understand the time out issues (see Cerise's post right above this one).

As for the forum badge, I used the info in this thread: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Your-Avatar/How-to-create-a-cool-forum-avatar-badge/td-p/707025

:matte-motes-smile:

Cerise Sorbet wrote:

What do the listings show for delivery method? Are some from the same seller? Communications timeout normally means that the marketplace servers can't reach a magic box. Direct delivery items, or items from a different vendor whose box or region isn't having trouble, would still go through.

Hi, no they are not the same seller, they are comprised of different, such as Truth hair, Dagger Designes, Noya, etc.. My region isnt having trouble, and I tried on different ones, to no avail.

I will however contact the sellers and find out about the items. I never thought to consider the Magic Box issues. Perhaps on certain items.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4230 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.