Object/Furniture Rezzers

Airway

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4193 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have been seeking a script that I can use to rez objects such as furniture items in my home.  I have furniture items that don't need to be out and takIing up prims all the time but that would be nice to rez easily.  I am not sure if what I am looking for is possible.  I purchased this script but either am not using it properly or it is not suited for what I am trying to do.  

One furniture item I am trying to work with is a bed that has transfer permission only.  The problem with the script I bought is in order to rez the item at a specific location it seems I need to add a script to the contents of the bed but cannot do this since it is no modify.  

Is is possible to be able to rez items like this that are no modify?  Does such a script or gadget exist?

If your bed is no mod, you can't put a script into it, but you don't need to put a script in it if all you want to do it rez the bed. (In fact, you don't need a script at all, since you can always drag any object from your inventory and rez it, but that's a different matter.)  You just have to put the bed into whatever prim holds the rezzer script.  From its description, it looks like that script you bought should do what you want.  If it doesn't, you can write an easy short script (no bells and whistles) like the examples in the LSL wiki at http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlRezAtRoot.

Thanks for your reply.  I think the purpose of putting the script in the bed was so it would rez in the position I wanted it to.  Is this possible without having to do this or will the bed rez where it wants to and I'll have to move it?  The reason I'm not rezzing from inventory is so a friend can also rez the item if I am not there.

If you write the script yourself or have one that is modifiable, you can specify the exact location you want the bed to rez in, provided it's not too far from the prim that rezzes it.  It is part of the scripting call to specify this.  You need to understand vectors and rotations.  Rotations in LSL are expressed as radians not degrees.  However you can look up how to convert degrees to radians in the wiki.  There are also scripts that will do this for you.  Here is one.

So long as the item is to rez no more than 10 metres from the rezzer, you can use the rezzer script to specify where it is to rez and how it is to be rotated.   That's the way rezzers are normally made.

However, you would usually want to an object in a rezzer to contain a script that listens for a message from the rezzer to tell it when it is no longer needed and should delete itself.   So the fact the bed is, apparently, no-mod and no-copy could present problems.

If, though,  you don't mind having to pick the bed up and replace in the rezzer every time you're finished using it, then certainly it can go in the rezzer without needing a script adding.

One thing  I would check, though -- many animation systems (not all, but many) reset themselves when the object is rezzed and -- for reasons I've never fully understood, I have to say -- require the object's owner to touch them to complete the restart process.   So putting the bed in the rezzer for your friend to use when you're not there may not be a workable option (though it would be, of course, if you simply want to save space and rez the bed yourself when it was needed).

Innula Zenovka wrote:

One thing  I would check, though -- many animation systems (not all, but many) reset themselves when the object is rezzed and -- for reasons I've never fully understood, I have to say -- require the object's owner to touch them to complete the restart process.   So putting the bed in the rezzer for your friend to use when you're not there may not be a workable option (though it would be, of course, if you simply want to save space and rez the bed yourself when it was needed).

Yes, the bed is like this.  I also have a hot tub and couch that do the same thing.  Even if I simply move the object to a different position in the room without derezzing it I get the message that I have to touch it to activate.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4193 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.