Third-Party Linden Exchanges

Cinnamon Lohner

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4174 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I got an IM about a new third party Linden Exchange and decided I would check to see if it is on the approved list.   But I can't find a current list. :smileysad:  The only one I found is an archived list.   Has something changed with regard to third parties selling linden?  Is there an approved list anywhere?  Or has LL stopped approving exchanges and opened it to anyone?

Thx!

--Cinn

4 answers to this question

The archived list is the only one there is.  LL stopped advertizing Third Party Exchanges that use their Risk API over a year ago and told us that they would not be keeping that list up to date.  I'm not sure if it's a liability issue or just LL wanting to keep the business in house.  Some of us have been sending the URL for the archived list to people who ask, but I am less and less sure how reliable it is.  It is certainly missing good exchanges that have come on line since the start of 2011.

• Like 1

I'm not aware of one. BTW, I just went back and found an IM that I had from Rand Linden in late 2011. Paraphrasing here, he told me that they discontinued the list because the Lindex is now accepting non-dollar transactions, which was the major reason why people were using Third Party Exchanges before. Since the Lindex offers lower rates and better security than the other exchanges anyway, they decided that people no longer had a reason to use the others. My feeling is that some people will still use the other exchanges, so LL would have been wise to at least let them know which ones can be trusted, even if LL would rather have people use the Lindex.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4174 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.