Items being unlisted and/or removed Daily!

Pearl Vollmar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4194 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

What i do not under stand is why LL can not incude a mesage to the mechant on what is wrong. I am sure they could even partaly automate for less work on their end just click few check boxes, "wrong catagory" and type in the corect one, "Inapropriate Keywords(please check)" maybe type in which ones, "Should be Marked Adult". its almosy childish that they just remove them without notifyng you why.

Hypatia Meili wrote:

What i do not under stand is why LL can not incude a mesage to the mechant on what is wrong. I am sure they could even partaly automate for less work on their end just click few check boxes, "wrong catagory" and type in the corect one, "Inapropriate Keywords(please check)" maybe type in which ones, "Should be Marked Adult". its almosy childish that they just remove them without notifyng you why.

Hypatia, the reason the LL Staffers do not include a message or more information when they remove or unlist an item is because the web page they work from does not provide that function. There is no method provided to them to add a comment or provide additional information when they take action against an Item.

The Marketplace Dev Team did not provide any ability to add ANY commentary to the removal notice. All they are able to do is unlist an item. This is also why the message shown to a Merchant is so bland and meaningless; there just isn't anything provided to explain why the action was taken.

However, adding a field or two in the products data table (or perhaps the "Administrative Actions" data table) along with entry fields for the LL Staffer to complete would be a very miniscule change. But to date, the Marketplace Dev Team does not consider this a matter of importance. This is evident by virtue of the fact that this issue has NEVER appeared on any of their "Items under review" lists .. even though it HAS been an item near the top of every Merchant Request List since the Marketplace was first released into testing.

Being able to understand why an Item has been unlisted would be of major benefit in helping us MONETIZE OUR EFFORTS ON THE MARKETPLACE .. and since Rodvik has stated (here and here) that their singular goal is to provide better methods to help us MONETIZE OUR EFFORTS ON THE MARKETPLACE, it remains a mystery why the Marketplace Dev Team has never addressed this issue. But then again, a lot of what they choose to do is a mystery to all of us selling on the Marketplace.

That is kind of what I figured though I dont 'know' the LL back end, "They dont have the ablity". But they must have people who can implment it. Sombody should also realize its even easyer for LL in the long run. Easyer then: LL delists, merchat guesses at problem and relists, LL delists again, merchat trys again, rince repeat etc etc.

Hypatia Meili wrote:

That is kind of what I figured though I dont 'know' the LL back end, "They dont have the ablity". But they must have people who can implment it. Sombody should also realize its even easyer for LL in the long run. Easyer then: LL delists, merchat guesses at problem and relists, LL delists again, merchat trys again, rince repeat etc etc.

Oh, I'm quite sure they do have the talent in-house to accomplish this and many of the other sensible and benefical features that have been requested numerous times since the first day of operation for the Marketplace. However in recent times, the truly competent developers seem to have been dedicated to the new LL Game Titles. This is evidenced by the fact that they have turned out four complete gaming platforms in just a few months. Existing Products and Platforms, such as the Marketplace, have gotten very little attention and development hours, so features that help the Shoppers, Sellers or LL Staff have been neglected or put off until some unspecified future date.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4194 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.