Pose balls

nicolette18

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3084 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Thanks Dillion! I don't think I will have the time to learn animations either. I am not inworld much because my schedule is hectic right now. Maybe Christmas break I will have more time. I am loving SL so far. It amazes me how much there is to do. It is very overwhelming at first but I think I am making progress.

One piece of advice.

If you've never resized anything or done any editing find some freebies and torture them first.

That is how I started learning.  Get a bit of a feel for what the different controls do.

There are warrants out for my arrest now on 20 SIMS for "unusual cruelty to prims."

But the crime spree was a ton of fun.

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

It's still possible for the blue one to work while the pink one is broken.  So it's possible you did everything right even though it didn't work.  I've been to clubs where certain sets of pose balls were broken and others worked fine.  Or am I over assuming? 

Thats pretty much what I was thinking is the problem.  A nice script reset may help if she owns them .

It is very common for this to happen at clubs. Specially around rolling restarts time. If an avatar is still on the dance ball while the sim goes down. It breaks the poseball. If there is no one on one side (male or female) that side will still work. But if somone was still on the posball on the opposite side. that pose will be broken untill a script reset occurs. Contact the owner if you do not own them and ask them to reset them Or right click and go  to BUILD/SCRIPTS and reset the scripts

If you are not the owner, you can't reset the scripts.

I finally understand this. At first I thought it was a poseball by itself. Then, when you said it worked ok for your friend but not for you, I still thought it was a poseball by itself that worked when your friend got on it but not when you got on it. Now you are talking about your friend being on a blue ball and the pink ball not working for you, so it turns out that it's a pair of poseballs, one of which doesn't work. It helps to have the story up front ;)

• 3 years later...

Hi, 

I have had the same problem many times.  What i am hearing is that we should reset the script, or make sure to point to the pose ball (or touch the furniture if the pose ball hadn't appeared), then sit or right click the action that makes it go.  The times it doesn't work is when I don't get the animate question and i look like a fool sitting on a pose ball (worse esp during intimate moments).

Heres my question, how do I retrigger the animation question - should it allows pop up or will it time out?  

I tried closing windows quickly to see if it was hidden but don't seem to do it (maybe i am just not fast enough).   I could have sworn i have tried all those options but still don't get the animate question - not sure if i could also just give open permission myself from my end to allow animate  (ie not the pose ball).

Thanks for any help with this

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3084 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.