Materials + custom bones progress?

CashMoneyMan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4347 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I see the question is posted every now and again in the usergroup. The chat logs are never updated so  I was wondering if anyone can fill me in?

Any news on when we are gonna get either materials or custom joints? Or any other excited news for the matter that has been discussed in the group?

Thanks

Hey there,

There is an open source project in progress to add materials to SL. http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Tools-and-Technology/New-Open-Source-Project-to-Improve-Graphics-Rendering/ba-p/1637559

I've heard that custom joints have also been promised for some time in the future.

My guess is that the material update will come sooner, possibly in tandem with the steam release.

As far as I know there hasn't been any official dates set on the release of these things.

• Like 1

When you find user group transcripts are not being updated, drop the user group's manager an email.

I attend most of the meetings and write up a summary. You can keep up by following my blog (link in signature).

Materials is in progress... we have no ETA. I doubt we will see it this year. We are getting close to the holiday update freezes. No new features come out during the freezes.

Custom bones... people are looking at ways to use the various parts of the avatar that are not customary. Collada import allows us more freedom than we thought. Redpoly has used some bones to provide weighting and adjustable size that we thought only the Mesh Deformer could do.

But, adding custom bonse is way out in the future. It is something the Lindens would like to add. But, we have no idea where it is in their 'like-priority' list.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4347 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.