Natural Sims in Second Life

Reem Lorefield

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4192 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is our virtual existence in Second Life mainly a place where you can indulge in fantasy? Many pics and places of interest are beautifuly coloured  and dream like with green mists floating around purple mountains. I visited a sim the other day advertised as the most romantic in SL Of course it was eye candy pretty but with little or no hint of reality.

I accept that RP is great and to live in a dark house wearing a pointed hat with lightning ghosting the night sky is good for some, but personally I look for the sims that have a touch of reality. Where the grass and trees are photo like, where the sky is a progressive blue and the mountain peaks glow red at sunrise.

Where have the moods of night gone in Second Life. On previous viewers you could move the sliders to get the moonlight. Take me to the natural places where I can see the shadows of a mist valley and feel the wind in my face as I walk the contour path of a rocky crag. Maybe I am a dreamer who wants to stay in touch with reality and not indulge in the fantasies and the rainbow colored images of our virtual world. The motto is Your World Your Imagination...and mine is nature at its most natural....I will keep looking.  

I love the more realistic natural looking areas of Second Life as well. I try to visit them when I can, and I try to make my region(s) as realistic as possible. Certainly, it is a good idea to experiment with creating your own custom windlight settings. I try to keep settings around for all different types of times. If you are in a region where the windlight is to your liking ask the region owner if you can get a copy. I think all of the v3 based veiwers allow you to copy the windlight XML files from one machine to another.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Reem, i too love the diversity in second life, but sims that are recreated from life can be very special.  When you have time, please visit my sims, Calas Galadhon, 11 sim public park, no rentals, no sales.  The landscape is done as realistically as possible in Second Life by the co owner, Tymus Tenk.  Let me know if this was what you were looking for and enjoy your exploration of Second Life.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4192 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.