Marketplace Item Problem

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4225 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm not really sure of the protocol on this one.

I bought a brilliant item for Halloween, listed as copy and modify.  As it turned out it wasn't quite what I'd expected, and not copy or mod, but I do like it loads, so while I can't use it as intended, it's still cool..... it was a sky platform. 

So then I tried to land in it to get a closer look around, and fell right through it.  It took me a while to realise the whole thing was phantom, and therefore entirely unusable by me.  It was quite expensive for me, so I contacted the seller, as the ad in Marketplace had no mention of it being Phantom.  I had no response.  I IM-ed AND notecarded the seller 2 days later and still no response.  Granted it could be that the seller is away, but I don't really know what to do about it now.  

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.  :o)

If you run into items that are not reflective of the advertised persmissions, you should 'Flag' the item as not being the same permissions as advertised. As far as contacting the merchant on the issue, your best  best is to simply continue as you've done.

Jinnywitha Cleanslate wrote:

I'm not really sure of the protocol on this one.

I bought a brilliant item for Halloween, listed as copy and modify.  As it turned out it wasn't quite what I'd expected, and not copy or mod, but I do like it loads, so while I can't use it as intended, it's still cool..... it was a sky platform. 

So then I tried to land in it to get a closer look around, and fell right through it.  It took me a while to realise the whole thing was phantom, and therefore entirely unusable by me.  It was quite expensive for me, so I contacted the seller, as the ad in Marketplace had no mention of it being Phantom.  I had no response.  I IM-ed AND notecarded the seller 2 days later and still no response.  Granted it could be that the seller is away, but I don't really know what to do about it now.  

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance. 
:o
)

As a merchant I WANT my customers to let me know if they are having ANY problems at all with my products.  My included notecards all say to IM me if there is an issue and if they have not heard from me within 48 hours to IM *and* send notecard as that means I did not receive the first IM.  You did exactly that.  Does the merchant have any info on his profile about his preferred method of contact and/or how long it may take to get back to you?

I had a very recent situation that was similar (without the phantom floor).  A customer contacted me re: one of my items she had purchased that is mod/copy.  She tried resizing it and could not.  I was horrified and immediately pulled the item off the market until I resolved the issue.  It was a very simple, but overlooked, mistake on my part in the building.  (One prim was 0.010; thus cannot make the linked item smaller.)  I knew that but my mind was apparently in lala land when I used that value on the build.)  From that experience I would ask and hope that customers do first contact the merchant on issues; however, after making two attempts, then I would definitely flag the item as well as leave a review.  It doesn't have to be nasty but just state the inaccuracies.

I hope the merchant contacts you soon.  Merchants who ignore their customers make me want to slap them; they make the rest of us look bad.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4225 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.